Panda 100hp Club +

Part number Ferodo DS2500?, Can't figure out the right pad

« Older   Newer »
libacuo
view post Posted on 3/5/2010, 03:00

Hi,

Before nothing, please excuse me for writing in english. I'm Spanish, and have no idea of italian. Yes, I know they sound similar, but belibe me... it is better if I dont kill your beautiful language.

I read you for a long time since I own one of these so much loved racing tetrabricks. Now, I'm trying to find out the part number of the FerodoDS2500 front brake pads, and it's becoming almost impossible. I haven't used the 'fucked search engine' because I've read all the posts (almost) of this forum. There are a pair of long conversations about DS2500 and the dust, and the green stuff, but no part number anywhere (if I'm wrong, please excuse me).

So, may someone help me?

I would like to know too the part number of those grooved japanese brake discs...

And I have another question, but it's about shock absorbers, so i'll post it on the appropiate forun to not going off topic.

Thank you very much. And again, excuse me for posting in english.

Fratellosavo
view post Posted on 11/5/2010, 09:09

Hi ilbacuo,
excuse me for this late response, but i haven't seen your post. I've put Ferodo DS2500 three months ago, and i still have boxes at home. I'll try to remind (hard work, for me... :)) to look at the serial number.

libacuo
view post Posted on 16/5/2010, 00:23

Upss, my italian is so worring awful that I sent you a private message instead of answering in the public forum. Excuse me.

Anyway, I repeat what I said in the PM as maybe someone may find it interesting. I have tried to find out the part number by comparing the original pad and the Ferodo Racing catalog, looking for pads of the right size (123*53*17 mm) but no one matches. So the right DS2500 should be a little bigger than the original one.

Thank you very much for the help. And excuse me for writing in english!

Fratellosavo
view post Posted on 17/5/2010, 08:02

Don't worry... I've forgotten to look yesterday, i'll look this evening when i'll come home...

Fratellosavo
view post Posted on 20/5/2010, 07:33

Finally i did it!!! :lol:

These are part codes of Ferodo DS2500:
front: FCP1466H
rear: FCP1324H

libacuo
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 12:00

Hi Fratellosavo,

Thank you very very much for the two numbers. I had a lot of work, so I couldn't vitir the forum until now (I didn't forger it or desappeared after writting them down).

Please, let me take a bit more advantage from your experience: do you think mounting the rear pads have any improvement? Which rotors do you have? Ever tried DS2500 on standar rotors? Probably I will fit grooved disks at front, standar at rear, as Im afraid the pads costs more or less the same that a decent set of rotors.

And, by the way... after three months, first electric failure: low beam in the right headlamp refuses to light on and lamp and fuses are ok (although there were one of 10A and other of 7,5A dead....). Oh, the great italian electronics. Just because a BMW M3 costs a little more than the Pandino, because if not she, the racing tetrabrick, would be already buried somewhere. ;-)

5 replies since 3/5/2010, 03:00   205 views